Monday 29 August 2011

Curses!

When you’re in the small town of Broken Bow saying the words ‘damn’ and ‘hell’ is incredibly unacceptable. I know this. I haven’t know it for long, but I do. So you’d think I’d be smart enough to not shout ‘DAMN IT!’ loudly in Spanish class when I got the answer wrong. You’d THINK that, but you’d be wrong. So after a few moments of awkward silence I got to play the confused little exchange student card. It goes a little something like this ‘Oh my goodness I’m sorry I keep forgetting thats a bad word here. I’m so sorry miss’. You’d be shocked to know I have to play this card a few times a day. No doubt the teachers will soon catch on. But in all honesty I did NOT mean to say a naughty word. It just slipped out of my mouth like pudding from a lipless man. My Spanish teacher just sorta stood there speechless for a second until she said ‘I can’t believe what I just heard’. Good way to start my Monday.

Today is Monday. On SUNDAY I strolled on over to Grand Island to experience the Nebraska state fair. Activities at the fair include: The Paul Bunyan Lumberjack Show, Hedricks Racing Pigs, Texaco Country Showdown, witnessing Nebraska’s largest pig, Pigeon Show, visiting the sheep barn and the best attraction of them all...AUSSIE KINGDOM! I however did not get around to seeing any of these things. I spent all day trying on the rides. I did manage to catch the Broken Bow marching band though. They are off the chain. Best marching band at the fair by far. The played Greenday’s Holiday and When September ends as well as Safety dance! They were wonderful. I’m going to see if they need a triangle and or tambourine player. They also had some pretty rad flag girls doing their thing in the back too.

This week has not been overly eventful apart from that...I got removed from my Algebra class because the teacher thought I was a silly duffer. She was correct. I learned to ride the 4 wheeler...that was fun. Oh oh oh! I helped round up a bunch of dumb cows! It took about 34 hours but we got them into that pasture in the end! :D It was a good family effort. Sorry this post is a short one but thats all I got for now.

Aaaaadios!

Flag girls!Wacky waving inflatable arm flailing tube man!

Broken Bow Band!


I’m super cool

6 comments:

  1. Yeah, you use "naughty" words, haha, I myself don't think they are that bad, but they have different views on this here, I think I gotta play that card a lot too tomorrow,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn it to hell, this is the second time I've had to write this comment! Seems it didn't like my damn comment the first time. To hell with it! Anyway, Miss Triangle Player of the Future, turns out this comment is far more interesting than my last one. I am glad to see that you are on an adventure such as this. You will not regret a minute if it. I have just looked up Broken Bow on Google Maps. Oh dear, you are a long way from anywhere aren't you? :-)
    I shall subscribe to your blog and read along with interest. I shall write damn and hell in every comment I leave :-)
    Please write more about your host family. And add a piccie or two. It;s not all about YOU you know. Well, ok, maybe it is...
    Right, enough of this silly-ness! I've got work to do. I hope this comment works this time, damn it to hell if it doesn't!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and good to hear you are learning Spanish. That will be fun. I'll trade you a Spanish word for a Chinese word, 'cause you've probably forgotten them all by now...Toodles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! I still remember how to say my head hurts, my eye brows hurt, my back hurts AND my hair hurts. I also remember how to ask for lollies, sing the chinese tiger song, say hello and good-bye, say I’m from japan and Australia and last but not least, I remember how to say I’M FANTASTIC!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Damn Americans are so cute.

    ReplyDelete