Friday 12 August 2011

New York New York, it’s a hell of a town

First day in New York today! It. Is. Amazing. The long flight to get here was incredibly sucky but seeing the city makes it all worth it. I arrived at our campus last night at around 11:30pm and got into my room by around 12. This morning I woke up and met all the girls in my room, they’re all lovely. There are only 2 Australian students here everyone else is from europe. Most people are from Sweden and Norway. The campus is HUGE and beautiful, exactly like the universities you would see on the TV. I want to live here. Believe everything you see on TV. Seriously, it’s the exact same.

Today we have class then lunch, then we get to go learn how to play American football! I keep calling it footy and people look at me weird. Tonight we have dinner then a music quiz in the evening. The food here is wonderful. Breakfast was pretty much everything you could imagine. I had lots of yummy fruit! They served cake though which was weird. I tried an American kellogs fruit bar thing last night. Oh my goodness it was so sweet. Horrible. I couldn’t finish it.

Just thought I’d give you all a quick update of whats happening now. I’ll upload pictures soon! Pictures of me in FIRST CLASS. Hell yeah they upgraded me. Only from Melbourne to Sydney but STILL GOOD.

Signing off now.

Jacqui

1 comment: