Tuesday 23 August 2011

Schooools OUT for SUMMER! But not really I just started...

Righto chico’s and chica’s! Oh yeah, you better believe I take spanish now. I’m almost fluent and it’s only been 2 days. Okie dokie so yesterday I started SCHOOL. I hopped on that crap yellow school bus and headed to BBHS. I don’t think I opened my own locker once the whole day but on the plus side the 7 people that had to help me open it know my combination incase I forget. Excellente’! Whad I tellz ya? Fluent. I started the day in Mr. Kujaths office waiting to get my classes sorted and my locker and stuff. That was ok I guess but the real fun started when I got to go to class! EVERYONE wants to talk to the australian girl. Like I said before, they have a whole lot of questions and I’m their answer. Sometimes people make fun of the way I talk but I love that. It’s hilarious listening to them all trying to do my accent. Even when I walked into Algebra Ms. Stamp actually encouraged people to come up to me and say 'g’day mate’. I think one kid said and heard how ridiculous he sounded and he hasn’t done it since. Some of the freshman guys still say it to me but once again, it just makes me laugh.

I’m taking Spanish, Consumer Ed, English, Algebra, Choir, Biology, American studies and then I have a period of study hall at the end of the day. Biology is my favourite, simply because Mr. Altig makes me go into laughing fits. He likes hearing about Australia, everyone does. It’s great. In study hall today the first 20 minutes was spent looking up pictures of Warrnambool! It’s especially hilarious watching them try pronounce Warrnambool. ‘Wannie Boo? Warro boll? Wambool?’. Hehehe. I love being the Aussie. It’s good fun.

I have to get up super early because my bus arrives at 7:30! Ewwies. There is only 1 lunch break and it’s not until later in the day. I really like my American school but the food it god awful. I’d say it’s awful as hell but you get in loads of trouble for saying hell over there. It naturally just falls out of my mouth when I’m talking and I don’t really think much of it. It wasn’t until my friend Austin said ‘Man you cuss a lot’ that I realised I was saying something offensive. WoOpSiE DaIsY! Anyway back to the food, it’s dreadful. It’s like some guy was in charge of cleaning the school and every piece of gunk and muck he found on the floor he decided he wouldn’t waste and he made the school hamburgers out of it. I think they buy their broccoli from Madras Rubber Factory.

I’m really enjoying my classes and I’m meeting some cool people. I signed up for the dance team yesterday. Weeew! Anyway thats just sorta my first 2 days of school in a nutshell. I lot of study and harassment. I’ll catch ya’ll on the flip side. Later Gators!

Jacqui

P.S In spanish we had to choose a Spanish name that our teacher will call us and that we’ll sign our work with and I chose Paloma, after the brilliant musical genius Paloma Faith. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment