Wednesday 17 August 2011

Yesterday all my troubles seemed so far away...

Singing ‘Bevo’ with Josefine, Matteo, Pascal, and Martina in Times Square. Best place ever.


Yesterday was filled with anger and rage. But thats ok. I got to do other things as well as being furious. We woke up early in the morning, got out brekkie etc. and caught the bus to to subway. At this point I would like to let everyone know that subways are disgusting. They’re hot, stuffy and there are rats everywhere. Bleh! Anyway we caught the bus to times square. Getting off the subway I could have sworn my jaw hit the ground. It was the most amazing sight. This city has EVERYTHING! Flashy advertising everywhere, billboards, bright lights, guy selling Obama condoms (lol)  I don’t have time to write a 2000 word essay describing how genius it was so I’ll post some photos. We got to look around for 30 minutes before lunch which we ate at Planet Hollywood. Planet Hollywood is awesome! It’s just a big restaurant thats Hollywood themed. There are celebrity hand prints all over the walls and costumes from old movies etc. It’s pretty rad. I liked it. I’ll put up some photos of that too. Now comes the part with the fury and rage. 
Times Square with Kate, Belle and Emma

Real life jonas handprints guys!

“Wrap your willy!” “Don’t be a fool, protect your tool!"


After lunch we had a couple hours free time in Times Square to do whatever we wanted. Yay! But no. Terrible. I made a huge mistake. Some italians, and Pascal decided they wanted to go see a movie and I thought ‘oh yeah cool, I’ll come along’. FOOLISH. We got to the cinema and all the movies we wanted to see were rated R so we couldn’t get in. Buggery. So we were left with one choice...The Smurfs. I hated it. It was god awful. Smurfs can go die. See if I care. After this movie we still had an hour left which I wanted to use to shop and do fun things but instead someone decided we’d go to Rockafella which I was ok with because I wanted to see it to but THEN we ended up walking to central park! Ugh! We only walked past it and then we were out of time and had to race back to meet up with everyone else. I got back and everyone had been to M&M World and the wax statue museum. I COULD HAVE HAD A PHOTO WITH WAX OBAMA. ALL I HAVE EVER WANTED. The moral of the story is, Smurfs ruin everything. Totally wasted my last day in Manhattan. 

 Not all bad news though. After my anger started to settle we got to take a ferry ride all around 4 of the 5 boroughs of New York. It was really beautiful at night. We even got to see the statue of liberty up nice and close. Getting off the boat was better though because it meant we got to ride home in LIMOS! Weew! 14 friends all piled into 1 limo makes for a fun time. It was so cool. The whole inside was lit up in a bunch of different colours and there were wine glasses hanging opposite the seats (one of which we smashed. Shhh! ). We were screaming with excitement while we tried to find a good party music radio station. Sadly every station was spanish so we were trying to club dance to ‘la la lala moochacho...chica chica...grande...etc.!’ Not so good. We ended up singing ‘Bevo’ as loud as we could over the top of the spanish music all the way home. So much fun. Good way to end the night. 
Statue of liberty

Our lame tour guide and I

Out the front of the limo!


TODAY. Woke up, had breakfast and went straight to rehearsal with the rest of my team for our big show tonight. Don’t think I mentioned that all week we have been in teams and we had to come up with a show to perform for tonight that was funny, had singing, dancing, sex appeal and creativity. We’re going to rock it. So we rehearsed and packed up and stuff and now we’re just lying around. I’m going to be so sad tomorrow. I don’t want to leave the beautiful friends I have made because I honestly believe I’ll never see them again. It’s amazing how close you can get to people in just one short week. I love everyone. I just got back from saying good-bye to my friends. I’m writing this a few hours after I wrote everything else so sorry if it’s weird. I shed more than a few tears. I balled my eyes out. I’ve only had these people in my life for a week and now I don’t want to imagine my life without them. This is a sad sad day. I will see all of them again eventually though. I just need to get rich first. Probably wont take too long.

Love Jacqui



No comments:

Post a Comment