Sunday 14 August 2011

Shop shop shop!!

Ok this shall be a long post today folks. Last night we got the choice between going to the brooklyn bridge or the empire state building. I was pretty set on brooklyn bridge but for some reason I changed my mind last minute. At first I was kind of bummed about my decision. I had to pay for a ticket when the bridge was free. Oh well. So we got there and waited in line to get to the elevator to get to the top. Waiting in line in the Empire State building was more painful than my 22 hour flight to New York. I thought I was going to wither away and die before we got to the top. After seven thousand years of waiting we FINALLY got to the top and BOY was it worth it!! Best view I have ever seen of anything. You could see every inch of the city, and all lit up at night it was absolutely beautiful. I will post pictures.

Moving on...

Today was INSANE! So amazing. We got a bus tour of Manhattan this morning. It was an early start at 7 but it was worth it. We drove past Snoop Dogs house in Harlem, we saw central park, that giant Library where Carrie and Big were supposed to get married in the first Sex and the City movie, HEAPS OF STUFF. Going down 5th avenue was awesome. We saw all the big brands like Gucci, Chanel, Dolce and Gabbana, EVERYTHING!! Then finally the bus stopped and our leaders told us we had 3 hours to shop wherever we wanted. We got out of the bus and pretty much went insane. It was absolutely pouring rain which sucked except the shopping was still good. I got some stuff from forever 21 and Victoria’s Secret. Macy’s was kind of a let down. The good clothes were too expensive and the affordable clothes look like they were from K-Mart. I also got one of those street New York hot dogs. It was rather yum. Oh well. I still got some good shopping done. I completely destroyed the shoes I was wearing because it was SO rainy we were running around in puddles.

 After a long shop we got back on the bus for lunch. Nom nom noms...and we were off again. We stopped at ground zero and had a look at that as well as going in the American Express tower. It was awesome in there. They have 50 foot palm trees growing inside. I’ll post pictures later. That might have been a different building though...we were sort of just speed walking in a whole bunch of places it was hard to keep track of where we were. Then we drove for a bit again then stopped at Abercrombie and Fitch and had 2 hours to shop. I went a bit insane in there and spent far more than I should of but then I still had another hour to kill. I was pretty tired and my feet were squelchy and soggy and I was ready for bed. I lasted the hour though. My friends and I went to strawberry fields for frozen yogurt. I had an amazing day. I can’t wait to spend more of my parents money tomorrow.

Catchall later folks!

Jacqui



No comments:

Post a Comment