Wednesday 3 August 2011

First post. The post that hurts the most!

Hey everyone! Jacqui here...obviously.


Today I finally got my placement from the exchange people and I will be living in Berwyn, Nebraska. It’s TINY but I’ll be going to school in Broken Bow which is lots bigger. Broken Bow still has a population of less than 4000 but I’m staying optimistic! I’ll be living on a ranch with a very young family. My host dad (Josh) and my host mum (Christy) are both ranchers and they have two young children aged 4 and 2.


Everything sort of happened very suddenly today. I was under the impression I wasn’t leaving for a few weeks then I get a call at school saying I’m leaving in 6 days AND I’m going to New York first! Madness I say! I couldn’t be more excited though. So I’ll be doing a little prep course in NY for 8 days which includes stuff like a boat cruise of Manhattan, learning to play American sports, swimming in the Atlantic ocean etc. I’ll be staying at a university sharing a room with other exchange students from all over the world.


I’ve been really anxious for about a week now DYING to know where I’ll be living and now that I know I can finally relax! Well I can’t really relax as I have 6 days to pack my things, say good-bye to everyone I love and jump on a plane to New York but I’m relieved I guess you could say. This is the first post of many and next time you hear from me I will be on my way or maybe even landed in the USA.


Ciao Ciao for now!


P.S My host family are REALLY into country music...oh dear...

2 comments:

  1. This blog thing thinks it’s the 3rd today. It’s actually the 4th. Sorry peeps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "P.S My host family are REALLY into country music...oh dear..."

    Means lots of tswift for you

    ReplyDelete