Sunday 21 August 2011

Questions and cars.

I’d like to start of this post with a list of questions I’ve been asked since arriving here in Nebraska. Thanks.

-Do you celebrate birthdays in Australia?
-Do you all drive Jeeps?
-Do you have the same days and months in Australia?
-Do you have TV?
-Are there Lions in your backyard?
-Do you have Giraffes?
-Do you have Zebras?
-Are there drugs in Australia?
-Do you live in the outback?
-Are there killer snakes everywhere?
-Do people get eaten by sharks all the time?
-Do you have native indian tribes?
-Do you ride Kangaroos?
-Do you have Snickers?
-Do you have Lasagne in Australia?
-“What kind of food do you like Jacqui?” “I like indian food the best” “is that like our mexican food?”
-Do you have chinese food there?
-Do you have your own Australian language?
-Do you have Wii’s and Xbox’s there?
-Do you have sport in Australia?

I’m sure there is more but I can’t remember them all right now. Those are the few I remember.

Moving on...the night I was here I went with my host cousin Lexie to a football game. It was just a pre game thing before the season started but it was still loads of fun. They had cheerleaders and everything. It was brilliant. I could not understand a word they said. It was just like...bubbly screaming. I met a whole bunch of people from my school which was cool. Last night we went to Broken Bows annual car derby. I didn’t really know what I was in for when I went but I found out soon enough. It was LOUD. For those of you who don’t know what a car derby is, it’s a bunch of crap old cars in a sort of muddy arena, crashing into each other. Some of the cars even had pipes sticking out of the bonnet that shot out flames. It was crazy. After the first couple races I was kind of over it though haha. I spent most of the time chatting with a bunch of freshman’s and sophomore guys all wanting to know about Australia. This one guy went through every african animal and asked if we had them. “Do you have Lions?” “Africa.” “Elephants?” “Africa” “You gotta have Zebras! I know you have those!” “Dude! Africa!”.

Tomorrow I start school. I’m actually looking forward to it quite a bit. I have Spanish first. That will be fun. I’m excited about learning another language. Thats all thats really been happening at the momento. I’ll keep ya’ll posted. Ta ta..

Jacqui



No comments:

Post a Comment