Sunday 18 March 2012

Mall of America and a bogan

Yeah yeah I hear all you worms complaining ’She doesn’t even post regularly’ ‘she is so lazy’ ‘whats even her deal?’, WELL to all you moaning margeries I SAY...you’re probably right but STILL    shut your dairy queen hole.

Well I suppose I should start with my most recent endeavour in the U S of A. Mall of America Minnesota! Now I must admit, I wasn’t sure if this place was going to be worth the 780 hour drive it took to get there but I was pleasantly surprised. Getting there was an absolute nightmare I must say. Girls are the worst. We bitch, we moan, we complain we fight! It’s ridiculous. I was quite content in the beginning heading up to Minnesota. Most of the students left in two cars from our area rep’s house but there were two other girls we had to pick up closer to Iowa. Fine. Whatever. Don’t care. Lets drive. So we’re just driiiiivin along for around 4 to get to Iowa looking for these girls to pick up. We couldn’t find them. Jen (area rep who is in a separate car) calls us and says she’s got the girls. Good. Dandy. NOT. Apparently it is crucial that we split these girls up because they absolutely cannot stand the sight of each other! GAH! So we go from Iowa to Nebraska then Iowa and BACK to Nebraska just TRYING to find Jen because these two girls just can’t suck it up for a few more hours. After two hours of back and fourth we finally found them. The cheerful dynamics of our recently FUN car had been...squashed. I was not a happy camper so I just plugged myself into my music for the next 7 hours until we FINALLY got to our hotel, who by the way, did not actually book our rooms. 15 minutes of arguing later...we’re in the room.

 < Before the car ride got crap


Wakeup bright and early Fridee morn and I am PUMPED and READY. I was ready to shop till I popped. On the way over to ze mall we learned that the mall itself is something like the size of 4 football stadiums....BAH! Let me at it LET ME AT IT!!

And yes I had got word that there was some kind of little roller coaster in there or something...oh yeah. Thats pretty cool eh? I didn’t realise there was gonna be a HUGE FRIGEN NICKELODEON AMUSEMENT PARK PLONKED DEAD CENTRE!






 
Obviously I bought the all day wrist band and went on EVERYTHING 3 times. Awww yeeeeh.

And of course, a girls gotta eat. Supper on friday was eaten at the rainforest cafe. This place is seriously a rainforest. Vines all up the walls, fake snakes hanging from the roof, exotic aquariums everywhere, giant butterflies on the walls, water falls, fruit trees, the whoooole shabang. We’d be eating our food and then suddenly the roof would change from clear blue to dark purple and lightning would flash and thunder would start roooaring! It was one of my more stressful dinners.

< Gift shop area

< Rainforest bar

< Scary talking tree...

< Chelsea’s dessert fit for the most obese person in   the entire universe of ever. 

I think what made the trip so fun was having my aussie buddy by my side the whole time. I always found it annoying when you’d be stuck in a car with two norwegians for example, and they would only EVER speak norwegian leaving EVERYONE out. Used to drive me nuts. But in a way...Chels and I sorta did the same thing. We spent the whole weekend quoting Kath and Kim ‘My marriage has gone UP the preverbial!’ ‘Who ate my last fat free fruche?!’ ‘We’re finished Bret, over, burrito’. Or pretending to be Mr G ‘Thank god you’re here! Grandmas been raped.’ ‘ So all it would take is um..just a bit of poo on the floor?’ ‘ E E E E ECSTACY!’ or even Daniel and Nathan from Dunt ‘I live on a farm, I drive a tractor, me and craig have got the X factor’. Classic characters!!! It really was like we were speaking our own language. Everyone thought we were nuts when we’d look in shop windows and say ‘Aw yes it’s noice, it’s noice, yeah it’s unusual, yeah it’s noice, unusual.’ I don’t think I’ve ever laughed so much. Love you Chelsea! Ahh...what a bogan.



More shopping, then sleeping, then waking up, shopping, walking, eating, drinking, jumping dancing, laughing, singing, swimming, screaming, sleeping, driving, driving, sleeping driving, home. 

Obviously I could go into greater detail and tell you more stories but I don’t want to. 

Prom next week gang! Just you wait, you’ve never SEEN so much mutton dressed as lamb! Gonna go off!

Ciao lovers. We will chat again soon. Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment